The history of me.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I did it, Mommy!

Sunday we were getting ready for church. Arya had just gotten up and had gone to the bathroom. We put her diaper back on and she walked into the hallway near where Rajeev and I were. She started saying, "I did it. I did it." As we looked at her to listen to this new phrase she was saying, she looked at me and said, "I did it, Mommy!" Rajeev and I just looked at each other, shocked that a four word sentence had just come from her mouth. It was also surprising because she used the word, "I". She usually refers to herself as Arya.

She is trying to figure out the "you" and "me" thing. But think about it, that is pretty confusing stuff for an 18 month old!! Last night, we were playing and she started pointing at herself and then me, herself and then me. She'd say, "You!" and point to me, then point to herself, "Me". She'd immediately follow that by pointing to herself and saying, "You!", and then at me, saying, "Me!" There wasn't a consistent pattern for which phrase she used most, but she just kept pointing to either herself or to me and then saying either "you" or "me". This went back and forth for a few minutes and got us both laughing. (She likes to laugh along when other people laugh. It is very cute.) Her little brain is definitely hard at work learning new things these days though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home