The history of me.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What a mobile little girl we have!

Arya is doing well these days. She has been having very happy days filled with smiles that I can't get enough of and her colic-y evenings seem to be getting shorter as we near 4 months. (At least that's what we're hoping!) She also seems to be changing faster than ever.

On June 28, 2006 (4 days after turning 3 months old!), Arya rolled over for the first time. She tends to dislike tummy time, to put it nicely. However, because I know it is good for her and helps her build muscles she otherwise wouldn't use that much, I try to help her get through it as painlessly as possible. She seems to not mind tummy time as much when she is on her changing table - maybe because she is high and can see more. Anyway, on the 28th, I put her on her tummy on the changing table and was playing with her, and all of the sudden she flipped over! I was stunned. I kept thinking, "Did I really just see her do that?" I took her to our bed so she would have a nice big flat surface to try again. I laid her down and again, she flipped right over! I tried a few more times that day, but she had no more patience left for tummy time so we just gave rolling over a rest.

Well, we kept trying occasionally with no luck until the day before yesterday. She flipped right over when I put her down, like it was no trouble at all. Then yesterday, she rolled over three more times. I think she is starting to get the hang of it!!

Arya is also learning that she can move around in other ways too. I've put her in her bed with her head in one direction only to come back and find her sideways or sometimes even with her head at the opposite end of the bed. It is amazing that she is already learning to get where she wants! And I know this is only the beginning.

I have a cute little video of us trying unsuccessfully to convince Arya to roll over. I'll try to post it soon. I guess that is all for now though.

1 Comments:

  • Oh, I can't wait to see her do her tricks! I miss you all, but you won't be as changed as she is, the next time I get to see you all. love, MOM

    By Blogger Carol, at 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home